Every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, I drag my feet to board the school bus to go home. When I sit in the cold, hard, and often filthy seats, I often think about what I'll do for the rest of the evening until my thoughts are drowned out by screeching, blaring MP3 players and handheld electronic games, and the various squeals, grunts, and beeps that often sound out unexpectedly from our old but trusty Bus 18. Riding in the van on the Vineyard trip was not nearly as agrivating or all-around upsetting as the bus I take morning and evening. The buzzing of the emergency exit alarm sounded almost like music, especially compared to the everyday noises of the school bus back home. There was no horrifying "SCREEEACH" when we went over a bump, or the constant annoyance of lower-school boys who waited under seats to trip the older children.
However, these luxuries aren't nearly what was so enjoyable about riding in the bus.
When we first got onto the bus back at school, we listened to iPods in our headphones, occasionally engaging in idle conversation. Half an hour later, we were rolling on the floor, laughing so hard we cried, and enjoying every moment as we sang along to the radio and took some "diva pics".
During all of this, my mind was in a happy stage of suspense. I would think about where we were going, and be so anxious to get there, yet totally content spending time with my peers on the van. Everywhere we traveled would be as exciting as I expected it to be, but it was the memories between memories that will cause me to laugh just thinking of them at the most random times, in complete solitude or peacefulness.
This is what I will see when I look back upon the Class of 2010.
TOPIC #3
In "The Brown Wasps", Loren Eiseley writes about returning to a favorite place he knew as a child. Imagine the years have passed: you are now 65 years old, and you are planning a trip back to the area where you lived as a child. What one special place would you most want to visit?
Due on this forum by Sunday night, November 8.
Please note the rubrics to the right.
In "The Brown Wasps", Loren Eiseley writes about returning to a favorite place he knew as a child. Imagine the years have passed: you are now 65 years old, and you are planning a trip back to the area where you lived as a child. What one special place would you most want to visit?
Due on this forum by Sunday night, November 8.
Please note the rubrics to the right.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(25)
-
▼
October
(18)
- One thing I wish had never happened is the death o...
- Morgan's Post
- One thing that I wish did not happen is my Dad's d...
- One thing that I wish never happened is that my gr...
- One thing that I truly wish didn't happen was my g...
- Post 3
- TOPIC #2For your second class forum entry, tell us...
- Julia's 2nd Post
- My favorite part of the Vineyard trip was our visi...
- My favorite memory in Martha's Vineyard was when w...
- One of my favorite memories from Marthas Vineyard ...
- My favorite memory from Martha's Vineyard is when ...
- On the 9th grade trip to Martha's Vineyard I real...
- FORUM TOPIC #1(responses are below)“Every time we ...
- Maddy's Post
- Morgan's Post
- Julia's Post
- Lily's Post
-
▼
October
(18)
No comments:
Post a Comment