TOPIC #3
In "The Brown Wasps", Loren Eiseley writes about returning to a favorite place he knew as a child. Imagine the years have passed: you are now 65 years old, and you are planning a trip back to the area where you lived as a child. What one special place would you most want to visit?


Due on this forum by Sunday night, November 8.

Please note the rubrics to the right.

Friday, November 6, 2009

One place I would have to revisit is the Stonington Borough (right at the Pavilion on the water). In the summer my friends and I would jump off the docks and swim to the boats. We would have a blast running from the end of a long dock that is near by as fast as we can and ten jump in the water. Making obstacles, such as putting benches in right at the end of the dock so we would have to jump over them, swimming out to the boats and hanging on them, and just pushing each other into the water. I know that if I visited the pavilion a ton of memories would just rush into my head as fast as the cold water would rush into my veins as I hit the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment